• a repeated form or design especially that is used to decorate something
• the regular and repeated way in which something happens or is done
• something that happens in a regular and repeated way
1. a series of actions or events that together show how things normally happen or are done
2. a set of lines, shapes, or colours that are repeated regularly
a. a set of sounds that are repeated regularly, for example in a poem
b. a set of movements that are repeated regularly
3. a drawing or shape that you use when you are making something, so that you get the shape and size correct
4. LINGUISTICS the words, phrases, groups, and clauses that are regularly associated with a particular verb, noun, or adjective.
1. a decorative design, as for wallpaper, china, or textile fabrics, etc.
2. decoration or ornament having such a design
3. a natural or chance marking, configuration, or design
4. a distinctive style, model, or form
5. a combination of qualities, acts, tendencies, etc., forming a consistent or characteristic arrangement
6. an original or model considered for or deserving of imitation
7. anything fashioned or designed to serve as a model or guide for something to be made
A pattern, apart from the term’s use to mean “Template”, is a discernible regularity in the world or in a manmade design. As such, the elements of a pattern repeat in a predictable manner.